add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Built Buying Soon

bobbydigital786

62 months ago

Any recommendations?

Is the Geforce 8800 GTX compatible with this?

Also, is the motherboard going to fix into this case I'm buying?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/22mmWZ

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The MoBo should fit. GTX 750 would work better than a GTX 8800. and the PSU is OVERKILL. try a Corsair CX430. Cheers.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

why is the power supply over kill?

I am thinking about buying this video card for this mother board, is it compatible? I don't see it listed on this website when I searched for it

ZOTAC ZT-60210-10L GeForce GT 640 2GB 128-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The reason that the PSU is overkill is that you are only pulling 233W and you have a 750W PSU. It COULD blow out your system after some time if you are supplying too much power. the Corsair CX430 supply's 430W and is about $39.99USD. one of my favorites

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

How is that PSU 750? It says the PSU I chose is 430 watts, am I missing something?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

How is the watt 750, the PSU says 430 on it, i dont get it? what am i missing

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Stupid Me. I was talking to my friend and something got lost in communication. User fault. Sorry.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

the psu says 430 watts how is that overkill?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

http://techreport.com/review/23179/review-nvidia-geforce-gt-640-graphics-card

Doesnt have the greatest review.

Also a general rule of thumb is to always spend more (around 50% more) on a GPU then on the CPU. which is why i suggested in your other thread that you use the 6300 and the R9 270x. It miles ahead of the 8350 and the GT 640. And a 8800 gtx is really really old now. The FX-6300, R9 270X combo are about the same price too.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

why would you want to get a faster gpu than a cpu i dont get that

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Most gaming is more dependant on the GPU then the CPU for graphics. were getting to a point in gaming where (unless on rare occasion) the CPU is just completely being ignored. But too small a CPU and bottlenecks can occure. basically the main componant here is the GPU and all the CPU needs to do is keep up on demand. Yes CPUs have their place, they still carry the computer on all other functions, but for a gaming pc, the CPU is more or less ignored. But i stress there still are games coming out that prefer the CPU over the GPU.

Thats why the Fx-6300 & R9 270x is such a good combo at the moment. The R9 270x is anough GPU to play most triple A games at 1080p, med/high and 50-60 FPS pretty consistantly. But when normal functions are needed or when a more CPU intensive game comes along the Fx-6300s 6 3.5 mhz cores are more then anough to carry the load. Also bear in mind that the 3.5 can be increased to around 4.0-4.1 pretty easily with a better cooler. Sitting in at around £200 or less for the pair atm is one of the best deals currently going. The R9 270x alone is £200 at amazon when not on a deal, now that it's at £119... just wooooow. Incredible for this price range.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I just looked up the r9 270x and it is sold out, i guess i have to wait till its back on sale on newegg :(

you make sense thanks for your help

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FL8H49Q/?tag=pcp0f-21 Still some at amazon. price just went up a lil bit. Now at £125.. not much.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

this computer is not for gaming its primarily for using lot sof programs at once

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You probably should have mentioned that :D

Almost all PCs at this price range are intended for budget game builds.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube