add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build - Approval?

DedarkZ

62 months ago

Here is the build I put together for moderate gaming, and on the rare occasion, streaming. I had to override a price since the promotion that gave the lowest price, has unfortunately ended. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $209.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $72.98 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $54.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $45.29 @ Amazon
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card $169.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $40.98 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $594.22
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-01 19:53 EST-0500

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

First off, it's a nice build, however, and I'm sure someone will agree with me, spend less on the CPU, and more on the graphics card, or perhaps less on the CPU, keep the same Graphics card and get an SSD as a boot drive, if you have never used an SSD before, you can thank me later for recommending one :)

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply! I don't suppose you have any recommendations on what type of CPU I should lower to and what type of graphics card I should bump myself up to?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Perhaps something like an I5 3330. Shop around and do AS MUCH research as possible before you buy. As for the graphics card, like I said, you could stay with the 760 as it'll get the job done quite nicely, however a 770 or maybe even a 970 will get you far. Especially the 970, the bang for the buck is incredible as far as performance is concerned in that card.

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Looks good just spend $5 to get a 1tb hdd

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube