add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Bought everything. Got a Question.

Armani

62 months ago

Hi guys,

Build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/KZCCt6

I just bought everything except the CPU. Not sure if u should go with i5-4590k instead.

Also my question was I bought the 550W PSU. It's a tier 2.

Was the 550 a bad mistake? It shows 377W estimated for my parts.

Was I meant to go with 650W? :/

Thanks,

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

its perfectly fine the RM550 (good tier 2 )

If its for gaming go with the i5.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

It will be every day use, watch videos, browse the internet, play games etc. LoL, WoW, cs:go etc

Was I meant to get the 650 psu? Because it shows estimate usage 377. :/

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

no 550 watts is perfect!!! unless you are planning on SLI with the 760, then it can be a problem.

Get the i5, it will be perfect for gaming and everyday stuff.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope. Won't SLI. I am going to buy the CPU tomorrow. Not sure if I should just go for the i7 lol.

Also I need keyboard and mouse. Cheap one till I can get a gaming one.

Thanks

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-keyboard-sgb3010kkmf1us

don't see the need for an i7 as games don't take advantage of hyperthreading

remember

i5 = i7 minus hyper threading

the only gain is the hyperthreading which you would only use on apps for editing videos, photos ...and apps that take advantage of multithreading.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

True but I don't ever want to over lock and I thought i7 4790k with 4.0 base speed would be perfect?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube