add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Last opinions before purchase?!?!

althebudderman

62 months ago

Here is my parts list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vcTt4D Need any opinions before i buy (thinking about buying it tomorrow). Also, is a wireless adapter (for wifi) needed for this build if im going to be using wireless internet? Is a sound card needed for this build? Any way i could improve this build? (without raising the price too much), preferably lowering the price with about the same performance.

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, if i do end up needing a wireless adapter and/or sound card, any recommendations?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You can do this research yourself =)

Google your motherboard: https://www.google.com/search?q=M5A99X+EVO+R2.0+onboard+audio&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Look up the specs... does it have built in audio / sound card? If yes then you do not need an additional sound card.

Then look to see if it has a built in wifi / wireless network adapter. If no then you will need to buy a seperate wireless card.

You can get the same graphics card by Sapphire. Power Color tends to get a bad wrap. I've always had good luck with Sapphire. Up to you really; not a huge deal.

You can get CAS 7 RAM for the same price: G.Skill F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f310666cl7d8gbrh

Are you going to overclock it? If not then you don't need a cooler. They come with fans that are rated for the stock CPU settings.

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

I did all the research i needed to do and figured it out :) thanks again.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Excellent! I'm going to bed now... =P

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah i already did which was why i didnt respond last night :P

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

lol wow youre just gonna make me work my butt off now. lol jk thanks, but do you think its a good build for the price?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

It's the only way you'll learn =)

Yeah; it's a nice build for that price point. We're just talking tweaks here.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

ok cool

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, im not gonna be overclocking as soon as i build my pc. I might wait a few months. So do you recommend buying the cpu cooler now or waiting until i actually want to overclock?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

If you truly intend to OC later... get it now, build it with the cooler, and be done with it.

I know for me... I've had aftermarket coolers laying around... I never get around to tearing down and putting them on. The rig is up, running solid, and I'm happy with it.

Only those with the true enthusiast personality tear their working rigs apart for the sake of squeezing that extra bit of performance. That's what they are into; it's part of the fun. So if that's not you... do it NOW when it's all going together. Then when you want to clock it up; it's ready to go.

If you like playing with hardware and fussing around with stuff you break because you wanted to tinker with it.. then do it later.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

ok lol thanks

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube