add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for some opinions before I start building

kevack11

62 months ago

Here is my part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kevack11/saved/M8nNnQ

I have purchased everything and it is slowly coming in. I like to think I did pretty well for the money but I wanted to get a few more opinions before I start putting everything together. I plan to use the computer for general everyday tasks as well as some gaming (Dayz, GTA, CombatArms, Boarder Lands, Far Cry 4, The Crew). I know the motherboard is Crossfire capable but I got a Nvidia card.. So I am debating on what to do there. I don't think I will have plans to Crossfire so I think I will keep the 970. I did though miss a deal for a PCS+ 290 for $180 from Newegg (209.99 with rebate plus $30 off checking out with paypal). Let me know what you guys think! I still can send things back and exchange them for others.

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't run SLI your PSU is over kill. I would have a board that supports SLI, but thats just me if you never think you will then maybe see if you can grab a cheaper PSU.

Curious why 2 SSDs. wouldn't a single HDD for storage be fine?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I upgrade my laptop with the 500GB SSD a few months ago. I am going to transfer it to the new desktop since I will no longer be using the laptop much anymore.

I am thinking about returning the motherboard and getting the Asus z97-a for future sli if needed. I know its a "z" board with a locked processor but the addition of SLI capabilities and extra fan headers would be worth the small extra cost. I am going to keep the power supply regardless. I know its overkill but from reviews it is one of the best you can buy and for $70 I think it was a steal

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thats a good idea. Grabbing an SLI capable mobo is well worth it. Its nice to have that just in case cushion. Besides who knows a year or two from now you may see the same GPU going for dirt cheap and just pick it up.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Nothing bad besides the motherboard not supporting SLI, which I were you I would send that motherboard back if possible and get one that supports SLI ,and you lacking a HDD unless you already had one laying around somewhere

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I think I am going to return the motherboard.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube