add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

would this pc be a ok starter to play things like call of duty ?

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The CPU you have selected is actually an APU, a CPU with built in graphics, you won't be using the graphics part of it because you also have a seperate video card.

For the same price you can get an FX chip which is a better CPU, with suitable motherboard and memory.

You'll be able to play games at 1080P with it, medium to high graphic settings I would think.

Revised build - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/G3nwjX

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

A FX being better than a FM2 cpu is debatable, the FM2's have slight stronger single core performance but the FX's have higher multithreaded performance as expected.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Maybe my wording was more simplistic than it should have been, I was basing it on the recommended specs for BF4 which seem relevent as the poster wants to play games like COD. They recommend a 6 core AMD CPU.

It's hard to find a review of the 760K, I've never known a product from a company like AMD get so universally ignored. If you've got a link to a good one that would be useful.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Well go with the six core then but Im 99% a four core would work though. If you want a review for the 760K, look at the 6800K reviews and ignore anything about the integrated graphics, they are the exact same CPU its just the 760K lacks the integrated graphics which happens to make it cheape.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ng9Fxr I got the same CPU just without the integrated graphics, a better PSU and a better case that will probably be easier to work with.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube