add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First build... HELPPPPP

cole5249

62 months ago

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Why does no one comment. Im building something similar in price

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

purpose and budget brother

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Its a gaming build or suppose to be and dont really have a budget but not wanting to spend alot

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

No technical problems seen.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Some notes - the PNY card was not reflecting in the total so when I changed it to the ASUS strix 970 the build shot up by $350, hence I had to remove one of your monitors to adjust. See the monitor is just a peripheral that you can add in at another time.

Also I put in the 212 EVO as you really would not need expensive watercooling for i5 especially if you are not hard core overclocking. And the EVO does the job very well.

Now I got the budget down a bit than it was previously so if you can spend the extra money go ahead and get the water cooling and monitor and maybe those speakers (headphones will do just fine assuming you have them already).

Hope you like the build.

Cheers! http://twitter.com/PC_Building

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $219.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $28.99 @ Micro Center
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $126.97 @ OutletPC
Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $159.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $104.99 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $79.88 @ OutletPC
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card $349.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $94.99 @ NZXT
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.99 @ NCIX US
Monitor Acer H236HLbid 60Hz 23.0" Monitor $169.99 @ Best Buy
Keyboard Razer DeathStalker Wired Gaming Keyboard $57.99 @ Best Buy
Mouse Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse $49.99 @ NCIX US
Other sleeved LED kit NZXT $10.00
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1523.75
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-04 00:32 EST-0500
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

yep this build looks good if you are not planning for OC you can skip the "K" ,please check ASUS z97 - A for mob ,also ram you will be ok with 4x2 8gb ,

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

both K and non-K 4960 are the same price.

I'd take 2 x 4gb over 4 x 2gb as that leaves room for more if needed

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

sorry 2x4 was a typo :D

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have a microcenter nearby, you can get the processor and motherboard bundle for less than your processor and motherboard. They have the Gigabyte Gaming 7, not Gaming 5. So a better board for less money.

http://www.microcenter.com/site/brands/intel-processor-bundles.aspx

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube