add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gaming build for my wife

JJnotstrike

62 months ago

My wife is returning from deployment in roughly two months and I'm looking to set up a sweet build for us to game together. She doesn't need the same horsepower that I need for audio production and editing, but here's a run down of what I'm looking at getting her. (Sorry, I'm on my phone)

I5 4690 (Locked) Asus H97 Plus Mini ITX Mobo G Skill 1600mhz 8GB Ram Crucial MX100 256 GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 1 TB EVGA Superclocked GTX 970 Cooler Master 130 Mini ITX case

I have a couple other parts that I'm going to put on it, but I just wanted to get an opinion on the core setup. Trying to stay in the area of $1000-$1200. She has no clue how to overclock and doesn't really need expansion room. This will be 90% pure gaming and 10% Web stuff. I just want to build her a really sweet powerful machine that'll handle anything she wants to play.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

looks good, but I wouldn't worry too much about not knowing how to overclock

Nowadays quite a lot of motherboards come with a feature where all you have to do is push a button and it will do a safe overclock for you. It isn't always perfect, but that sounds pretty darned easy to me. ;P

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

No technical issues seen with core selection.

• 62 months ago
  • 0 points

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/LeisurelyMink98/saved/f8VLrH

I know that its over your budget but it can handle almost all games at ultra settings.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

With 60 FPS

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube