add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Zigmal

62 months ago

Hello, Im looking to Build a pc for my Grandmother for x-mas via request from my grandfather xD.

Any way the pc dose not need to run any high end games, But still needs to run things like browsers games and ect pretty decent.

The budget is around 500$ so more or less is fine :), I put something together but i have never had to build a pc not for gaming :P. If there is something i could add or remove to optimize this build i would appreciate any feed back :).

I feel like this list is over kill xD http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Zigmal/saved/H6Tj4D

Also if there is a pink case that any one knows of that is better then the one i have in the build let me know :).

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You can drop to an i3 or just go with an amd a-series. Your spending way too much on the cpu and motherboard than you need to.

Ditch the ssd.

Get cheaper ram.

Now use all that cash you saved on mouse, keyboard, monitor...

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

AMD RADEON-R7SSD-120G: That SSD is manufactured by OCZ. If you prefer OCZ solid state drives, you can purchase OCZ ARC 100 120GB for a lot less. Your granmother is highly unlikely to notice the difference in performance. If intent on performance, consider the OCZ Vector 150. Faster than the AMD, longer warranty and still costs less.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You forgot to add a PSU on your build ;-)

All depends on your grandmother needs but like elvenson said : you're spending way too much (we supose) for the cpu and mobo. Also, why this SSD ? Go with the OCZ version ( thk Warlock for the analysis ).

We got cheaper ram and you're saving nearly 300$US for the combo mouse/keyboard/monitor of your choice.

What you think about this instead ? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynLYwP

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow, GJ :D. i don't know why i did not think of amd, 3.9Ghz should do the trick. Thanks for all the help! Oh also to answer the question of why an ssd. I like to put my OS and any other priority games or programs on there for a faster loading speed.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube