add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Budget gaming rig £450 range, any suggestions on better parts?

easysofa

62 months ago

Hey ladies,

I would appreciate your thoughts on a rig I have theoretically put together and am waiting on the parts to arrive.

VGA - Sapphire 270x 2GB Dual-X

CPU - AMD FX-6300 Black Edition

RAM - Corsair Low Profile 2x4GB 1600 Mhz

HDD - Crucial M500 240 GB SSD

MOBO - Gigabyte AMD 970A-DS3P

PSU - Corsair 600w XS Modular

CASE - Zalman Z9 Plus Midi Tower

Looking to do gaming on a 1680/1050 to 1920/1080 resolution. I appreciate that there are more powerful components out there, I was working with a £450 budget and managed to get these things on sale. Could I have done better/more powerful?

p.s. 600w psu because it was discounted to less than the 500w one

Cheers for any/all suggestions!

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Probably best to ask for opinions before you buy the parts - but it's a balanced selection of components that you've purchased.

The 270X will handle most games on High/Ultra settings at 1080p, albeit with AA turned off. Happy gaming.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I realize that. Been trolling through rigs for the past 4 months and was super excited once I could afford it, hence why its already in the mail. Cheers, really looking forward to putting it together!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube