add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Take a Peek and let me know.

Jabbershark

62 months ago

I built my first build about 8 years ago it was great, but alas its time to move on and cant upgrade because of the old MOBO.
This will be my 2nd build.

Things to note: Keeping it under $1,800 but less with good parts is always welcome. I would prefer something in the $1,500 range I am not a overclocker, I have not had stable success with it. I prefer a more turn key build were I can plug and play. I use my comp for GIS, with very, very large imagery which have lengthy draw times when editing. I also use AI and PS, again large images to manipulate. I do play games like WOW, SIMCITY and MWO.
I am looking for another 8 years of stability from this 2nd Build. I have all the accessory, extra hard drives, optical's and an OS. My office has very poor air flow and the comp is tucked away under a desk.

After doing some research I have put together this build. I think its a green light with compatibility and the plug and play aspect of the build.
Any tips, ideas or "no-no's" are most welcome.

Thanks!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3kMDMp

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I love that case!!

Here is a cost-savings version, with negligible difference in performance. Got it down just below $1500 with a few changes...mobo/RAM/GPU/SSD... http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nc8mWZ

Also, 1000W PSU is not really necessary unless you plan to Crossfire later. Otherwise you can get an 850W and save even a little more.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube