add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

This is it!!! Build Completed <$400 from Black Friday

kennies80

62 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/V4JRHx

I came in with hoping to complete a gaming build under $400 from parts from black friday/cyber monday and I managed to complete it for $350. What do you guys think? I might end up upgrading the processor to i5-4690k later when the price point hits $150. I did managed to oc the processor on stock cooler to 4.4ghz with peak temp under full load at 72C @ 1.1725V. Don't think I even need an aftermarket cooler.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow, you did great for the price!

You don't need to, but if you get a Cooler Master EVO CPU cooler you'll lower the temp quite a bit, or of course overclock it further.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, that is the plan. I'm waiting for a evo 212 it to drop to $20 or under. Was a little disappointed I didn't see it go on sale before or during black friday/cyber monday.

Thanks for the compliment. Seems like the best time to build systems is around this time. Components are much cheaper.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Build Looks great! I especially like how you got a SSD in a build for $350! I say GREAT job.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I means a lot since this is my first ever build. Yeah, I was surprise I was able to get an SSD too. Their prices seem to be dropping fast.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow, That price for that good of a build is insane! Please let us know how it turns out! Great Job, Really Great Job.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube