add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What power supply should I get?

budmonster
  • 64 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/budmonster/saved/DRZqqs

I ordered everything on the parts list above and recieved most of it already, I forget to add the Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply to my cart, completey missed it.

Some say I don't even need it, some say I do, some say 600w is not needed.

Should I pull the trigger on it? Or do you have a suggestion on a cheaper one yet same performance? It's $59.99 after rebate, but rebates take forever.

Comments

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

I would recommend the fractual design 650 watt. Its 44.99 and has no rebates if your worried about rebates or get a XFX P1-550S-XXB9 550W, its basically a branded seasonic. Don't ever cheap out on any psu if it goes it could take everything down with it or worst catch fire. You don't need 650 watts but it will allow you to upgrade later without replacing it.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Is that fractual on Amazon? I got Amazon prime thus can get this ps by sat.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Unfortunately no its on directron, it might be on Amazon but it will be at a higher price

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

I need to stop reading comments. I have a thread over at Toms Hardware.

He said that the CORSAIR CXM series CX600M 600W I was going to chose, quote was

"As far as the cx600 goes, that's a very mediocre psu, tier3, right smack dab in the middle between top notch and total junk. For the $60 price tag, there is more than a few very good quality psu's that easily out perform, outlast, better warranty, better protection etc. Antec HCG 620M, Seasonic M12-II 620, Seasonic S12II 620, XFX 550 TS, corsair HX 650, Rosewill Capstone 650 are in that price range, are top quality, and quite often are on sale. I've seen both the Antec and XFX on sale for $25. Any are worth buying, even full price."

Yet, I can't find any other on NewEgg or Amazon for under $60.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't mind mail-in-rebates, the XFX P1550SXXB9 is available from newegg. If concerned about efficiency, they have XFX P1-550G-TS3X. Both are re-branded Seasonic power supplies.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Is this the one? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HW979AQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1417710890&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX200_QL40

Is 550w enough to power everything, the HDD, SSD, gpu, etc? Is this better than that coarsir I have in my list?

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Links already provided in previous post. Yes, the XFX is of higher quality than any CX series. If you have a preference for Corsair power supplies, their upper end AX series is also manufactured by Seasonic.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok but is 550W enough to power everything in the machine. I'm working can't google each part to see. Is there any easier way to find out.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

No need to google anything. Click on the links (blue highlight) already posted. Just like the following: eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Lite

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

just for the price and what you are getting 75 after MIR

tier 1 (the best), 10 year warranty.....

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Power Supply EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $74.99 @ NCIX US
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $74.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-04 06:44 EST-0500
  • 64 months ago
  • 1 point

PSU has to be from Amazon or at least Newegg. I'm a P member at Newegg and Prime at Amazon. Free shipping to me and back to them, no restocking fees, faster shipping for free, etc. I've ordered all my parts from Amazon or Newegg. Btw, what does tier-1 mean and does each PSU list that?

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

yep there is a tier list, 1 being the best and 5 the worst

I try getting 2 at least

https://community.newegg.com/eggxpert/computer_hardware/f/135081/t/45344.aspx

ppl are buying like crazy it was on newegg for 70 after mir maybe 20 minutes ago... but its gone

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

I've checked that. Can't seem to find anything under $70 for gold.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

The CX600M is fine, but try to find an EVGA Supernova NEX 650G.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 64 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm trying to find something similar to the one I have listed in parts list from Amazon. I have Prime so I can get it by Saturday. Having trouble finding one similar as I have no knowledge of PC internals especially PSU. You mind taking a look Amazon, if your got a few mins?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube