add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
KnotKnormal

62 months ago

ted 1 minute ago by KnotKnormal

I've created to builds that i think I'm interested in but I'm not sure which is better... they are both around $2000. Please don't just hate on either build, please give reasons as to why it's bad.

Thank you everyone.

AMD

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/KnotKnormal/saved/xRrwrH

INTEL

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/KnotKnormal/saved/jBXhP6

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

First...what's the intended usage? Looking at the AMD build, looks like gaming but that 4930K looks like video editing/encoding, graphics, much more CPU-heavy applications.

Both are strong builds but this is kind of like apples to watermelons in terms of CPU...at gaming, an i5 beats even the FX-8350 and you've gone way above that on the Intel side and down on AMD side so in terms of performance the Intel build is far superior.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I systems will basically be split 50-50 between Gaming and Mechanical Designing. So I want my games to look as good as they can, while being able to quickly render complex designs for work.

Games Include AC series Evolve (when it comes out) Forza

Software Includes Autodesk Inventor Solidworks Creo Minecraft (only because it uses Java and is fairly processor intensive)

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Intel build, hands down, but bump the RAM up to 1866 to help with the designing usage.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I just Hate how outrageously expensive Intel is. It provents me from getting the better SSD or video card

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You really do NOT need a 6-core CPU...the 4790K would do fine and you could save a little more by going with the locked CPU and H97 board to afford better other parts.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Am I sacrificing any quality or are there going to be any future issues with an H97 board. I don't know a lot about motherboards in general. other then match the RAM type and make sure you have room for your cards.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube