add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help- need to get this 840$ pc down to 650-670$

AlexTJK

62 months ago

Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/AlexTJK/saved/bCvscf

*edit: no need for part lists, ive got my whole setup to 820$ and i have 830$ :D #nailedit

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You're closer to $1k based on the link. What are you trying to use this PC for? Will you be overclocking? How important is noise?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Well i dont NEED to overclock, but its nice to have options. Noise isnt really important to me but id LIKE it to be quiet. Btw im gunna be playing bf4, minecraft, gMod, gta 5 when it comes out to pc, maybe metro: last light & bioshock infinite. Thanks for asking! Also, im gonna be playing at 1080p very high/ultra

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You don't need that mobo for that CPU, and I'd rather use an 8320 for this price point than an i5 and put the money into a GPU, but here you go.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor $168.99 @ NCIX US
Motherboard ECS Z97-MACHINE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $71.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $54.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.49 @ OutletPC
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 270X 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card $149.99 @ Newegg
Case Enermax OSTROG ATX Mid Tower Case $29.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Enermax REVOLUTION X't 630W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer $14.98 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) $89.98 @ OutletPC
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $675.39
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-04 16:02 EST-0500
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok ill go from this list from now on, looks pretty sick for 1080p gaming. thank you!

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Go to the part list in the description, ive changed it totally

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/AlexTJK/saved/bCvscf Or go here

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

But will the computer play games at 1080p ultra without lag? Thats my goal for this build

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Both are easily addressed. That particular board is very cheap with the rebate right now, and is about the price of the cheapest H97s, so there wasn't much point in changing from his original selection.

As per the SSD, it's per my opinion that in this price range, the money is better allocated to either the CPU or GPU, or both. It's the decision for better FPS or better boot and load times, and more time is spent playing the game than loading the next level, so...

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Pretty good but i think an amd fx8350 is better than that i3 when its 8core and 4.0GhZ

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes but i have it now? Isnt it there for you?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube