add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Before I buy...Need opinions

b.jones_32

62 months ago

Im planing to buy soon need final opinion if i will be able to play games like Crysis 3 and BF4. Should i wait a couple weeks to see if there are any deals? 500 was my budget i hope this computer kicks ***

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor $114.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard $67.98 @ OutletPC
Memory Team Elite Plus 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $61.99 @ Newegg
Storage Toshiba 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $39.98 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card Purchased For $125.00
Case Enermax OSTROG ATX Mid Tower Case $44.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $39.99 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer $9.75 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $504.67
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-04 23:23 EST-0500

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7b7HrH Got a bettet and bigger hdd and a cpu cooler and cheaper ram

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

it says that ram is sold out and i was going to use the stock cooler because i wont be overclocking

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Well just pick up the cheapest 2x4gb of ram that you can get then and I would still get a aftermarket cooler, with $14 it won't allow you to overclock really but it will do a way better job of cooling your cpu off than a stock cooler which means longer life span.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

That fx 8320 is still at a pretty awesome price. Solid prices for everything. I wouldn't worry that prices would go even cheaper than these, they could go up too!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

im trying to think what parts i should buy next someone just told me that mobo gets hotter than the CPU

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Considering that you don't have an aftermarket cpu cooler, that may be a fair point. I do think that if you have adequate airflow it shouldn't be a problem. You can always add fans to your case, i see several builds that people have done (in your particular case) where they added fans to the top. You'll have three fans right in that area of your motherboard. If your board doesn't offer enough pins for the fans you can pick up an adapter at a pc store that connects it to your psu cords.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks its my first build ever and someone told me that this board and cpu over heat together...so i need to find another mobo but idk which one this has been my issue this week

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry didn't see this comment. I linked you some mobos.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Just doing some research, that board probably isn't a good idea with the Fx8320. You're gonna want to get a http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-970ag46 or http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-ga970aud3p

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

That's, really, an exceptionally solid build for that price. I'm kinda impressed, especially since, with a bit of luck (and a fair bit of cooling), I've heard tell of the 8320s pulling off exceptional OC. The recommendation of a 1tb seagate's a good idea though, as 500gb goes by fast depending on how you use it.

As for whether it'll handle C3 and BF4, I've not run Crysis 3, but honestly, BF4 runs well enough on my C2Q@3.2 and an old abused GTX580 here, not spectacular, but easily enough to get by (and sacrificing a bit of the exceptional 'pretty' makes me, y'know, look for things to shoot rather than glamour shots ;), so that build should handle it quite nicely.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube