add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gaming PC for TV/Living room use

moonkeh

62 months ago

Hi guys,

Looking to build a new gaming rig. Been a console gamer for over 10 years now and wanna go back to my roots!

Building off the "Great Gaming Build" I've come up with this following:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/moonkeh/saved/CXXhP6

I don't have any desk space in my current flat, so for now it's going to be plugged into my HDTV (point being I'd like to aim for 1080p gaming). When I move i'll get myself a nice desktop and monitor sorted :) On that note, can someone recommend a gaming pad? Would a PS4 pad be good? I have a wireless keyboard I can use, but it's kinda large and doesn't have a trackpad.

Will that case be suitable? I.e. not too small and hot? I want something relatively portable so I can occasionally lug it from my house to my girlfriend's house. The handle is a good bonus. I won't be overclocking any time soon (though I may do eventually) which is why I haven't added a fancy cooler. Do you think I could get a way with just the 128GB SSD for now and then buy a 2TB HD when the prices drop in a few months? Or is that asking too much of a small drive?

Also could someone please explain the following errors for me: - Some Intel Z87 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Haswell Refresh CPUs. - The BitFenix Prodigy M Midnight MicroATX Mini Tower Case supports video cards up to 320mm long, but video cards over 250mm may block drive bays. Since the Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card is 280mm long, some drive bays may not be usable.

Any and all opinions welcome, I'm rather new to this (last pc i built was in 2004 for HL2, and things seem to have changed so much since then!) Ray :)

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good to me,and the storage is fine 1080p 60fps gaming for you my friend.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Is there anywhere I can cut corners? £800 is my limit and I just realised I hadn't factored in an OS!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Does anyone have an opinion on this mobo http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-h97mpro4 over the one I currently have on the list?

(Also how do I get all the parts to show in a table on this forum, without havign to click the link?)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube