add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GTX 970 16GB RAM build, opinions wanted.

firepyromaniac

62 months ago

You can find a link to it here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tCj7ZL

I was just wondering if PCPartPicker has opinions on my build, it is probably going to be the one I end up purchasing and it is mainly going to be used for gaming and rendering.

Thanks for any and all help!

In case the link is bugged, here is the list:

Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor

Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card

Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case

Corsair RM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

LG UH12NS30 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer

Asus VS239H-P 23.0" Monitor

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Instead of spending that much money on the RAM and Gold PSU, you can try and get a K series and Z97 motherboard. Everything else looks okay though.

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Looks pretty good

(Although I like the look of this case better http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-cah440ww1 But thats just me)

You might want to consider that your MOBO Is orange, Your RAM is blue, your GPU is black, and your case is white. Those colors don't usually mix that great but if you don't care then go with it!!!

Looks like this build is ready to order!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome, thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube