add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build, Need help.

160744Bonnedee

62 months ago

Hi!

This is my first build, and I'm almost ready to order the parts. I'm trying to stay around the $2000 range. This computer will be used mainly for gaming and video editing/rendering. All suggestions and advice are needed and welcome!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NyJHrH

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I would not spend that much money on a keyboard. Other than that, it seems good.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Since you have the money it's kind of alright. The build is a bit premium, but that's your choice. The only recommendation is: Could you squeeze a M.2 SSD in that build?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Is there anything you would change in the build? I'm not against going cheaper if it means being more efficient!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

If I was doing this... I would briefly doubt the i7 but I would keep it for video editing. Getting an ac (wifi) version for mobo would be nice to throw away that PCIe connector, would also consider 2x970s though that would mean that you won't be able to upgrade in the future. If I were really selfish I would throw a Corsair Graphite 760T for the looks :P . I can't find anything else to criticize :(

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I've been battling myself over the graphics card situation, but I decided the 980 would work well and give me room to upgrade. Thanks for the feedback!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You did consider well, since the mobo only allows SLI due to limited PCIe lanes :(

[comment deleted]
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Any significant advantages with the enthoo pro?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube