add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Should I get a different Power Supply? Corsair RM850

Richness
  • 64 months ago

I currently have a Corsair RM850 that I purchased of ebay a couple months ago (about mid summer). I planned to use for a build I had back then, but now I finally got around to getting all the other parts and I will build within a week. Anyway, just today I was looking over my parts list and checking through the items I had and I found that this power supply went through a recall at some point and might have some issues with coil whine or bad capacitors. So now I'm debating on whether I should keep it or sell it and get a new different power supply. The RM850 that I curently have is still new in the box so I could make back some decent profit if I sell it. Also, what would be some good alternative PSU's that can power an x99 build with a gtx 980, (750 or 850 watts) possible headroom for sli in the future?

Comments

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

all RM series are tier 2 except the RM750 and RM850 which are tier 3 (inferior) and from a different OEM. If you can sell it I would advise you to do so... Get the EVGA G2 750 or 850 which are a better option and both are tier 1

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I already bought the EVGA G2 850 watt about a week ago.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

great!!!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube