add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for a $100-150 Asus or Gigabyte Z97 ATX

sbod
  • 66 months ago

Hi All, I'm building my first computer (i7-4790K) and for now the computer will be overkill as it'll primarily be used for web browsing and videos but I'd like to use it at least a little bit for games (currently I haven't picked a GPU, I'm waiting for Boxing Day and I'll rely on integrated graphics til then). I'd like to stick to Asus or Gigabyte, and I'm trying to decide which motherboard to get but it seems like for the most part, they all meet my needs, I'm just afraid of being unaware of something and then being hamstrung later on).

I'm thinking of budgeting 100-150 CAD and I was looking at the Gigabyte: HD3, HD3P, Z97 X-SLI andthe ASUS Z97-P or Z97-K but I'm admittedly a tad overwhelmed looking at the comparison spreadsheets.

Ideally, I'm trying to buy everything from CanadaComputers as I've had more than enough headaches with things being shipped and would rather just buy from a store (read: I've had multiple issues including having items not being shipped and having the shipping company send me the pickup slips days after the last available day for pickup, etc.).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 2 points

The Z97-A is an awesome motherboard from Asus, it's $10 over budget though. I highly recommend it!

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Asus z97a, without a doubt.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube