add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Riddle for the prodigy

JaredFunengi

62 months ago

Need to drop my expenditure but current yr end prices are too tempting. Thinking of degrading my gpu as i dont have much intention for gaming. Mainly programming usage and surfing through the uknowhat; de..eeep. I can also drop in style for casing if i find economical alternatives.

My build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/JaredFunengi/saved/BsYbt6

Help solve! Thanks. I want to drop spending to a clean 900USD at least thanks.

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Get a cheaper case and take out the second monitor.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Why, myself as a programmer find a second monitor very useful. I agree on the cheaper case.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

If i dont do much vid editing, do i reealy need the gpu of that standard? I am jus trying to gain from the offers available. Also any hardware gadget to bulk up security?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree with you @ frantos, I am also a programmer and I love having dual monitors. However if he wants to get the price down to $900 without suffering performance then taking a monitor out is the best option. More than one monitor is more of a luxury than a necessity. @ JaredFunengi, if you won't be doing much gaming or video editing than something along the lines of an r9 280x may be a good option for you. I'm not too sure about hardware that will make it more secure though.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

As suggested the case is a good drop, fashion is costly.The case has only 2 ext usb port tho.. a small hardware flaw. I have still kept my dual setup by finding a budget monitor, help to check if its compatible to my gpu(http://www.amazon.com/Dell-E176FP-Panel-Monitor-Black/dp/B000BJUFXW/ref=pd_sim_pc_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0EDP0YY5Y5MBE7RCQKC1). Also i trying for a cheap cherry red(my preferred style) keyboard, any recommendations?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

That monitor looks pretty good but it won't be directly compatible with your video card. You will need to buy a VGA to DVI adapter since the monitor only has one VGA port. That case should be fine for most people. For a cheap cherry MX red keyboard: CM storm quickfire tk, or Func KB-460. I own the Func and its a great keyboard, I paid $80 for mine.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Great, Great, Great, Great and Great.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube