add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is this the GTX 970 I should go for?

JRiley414

62 months ago

So this is my first PC gaming build, and I'm basically done and ready to order it except for the GPU. I like most of the stuff I've read about the MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr. But I do see things like fans needing to be manually pushed to start, coil whine, etc. Are those problems common in a lot of 970s or just the MSI one? If you have any suggestions on what I should get instead of the MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr (or if I should keep it in my build), then let me know. Thanks :)

My Build with MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7dj9FT

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Coil whine is a common problem with 970s, but it's not too severe. I believe the Gigabyte G1 Gaming is the best 970 as it has a custom PCB, backplate and windforce triple fan cooler, but the MSI one should be good too. If there's not too much price difference, opt for the G1 Gaming, otherwise, keep the MSI 970

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the help :)

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Get the gigabyte g1 gaming. I did and I'm so happy with it. It's an amazing card for the price.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube