add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Liam74

62 months ago

Just general opinions (on a budget) http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/ydfZrH CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor (comes with cooler)

mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard

Memory: Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card C

Case (also buying window) BitFenix Neos Black/Blue ATX Mid Tower Case

PSU: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Optical drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer

Operating system: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)

Wireless card: Asus PCE-N15 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

Fans for case: BitFenix Spectre LED 43.5 CFM 120mm Fan

BitFenix Spectre LED 43.5 CFM 120mm Fan

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

drop down to 2x4gb and you won't notice a performance difference unless you're rendering/editing, and then you can put that money into the gpu where you will notice a difference

The build could also use a CPU cooler.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The CPU comes with a cooler, and I'm not sure whether to do that or stay with 16 so i'll never have to upgrade?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Stock CPU coolers aren't good if you end up overclocking.

I wouldn't worry about upgrading from 8gb of RAM at this point because it will be a while before then, and even once we reach that point, adding another 2x4gb is easy enough. Until then, you'll have better performance by investing the extra money into other parts of the build.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

looks good = ]

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I can afford 16gb and this card, http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/qG4VCJ what do you think?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

if it's what you want = ]

You just won't notice the difference between 8gb and 16gb though, so you may as well be cost effective and put the money elsewhere.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

what do you think I should put the money into?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube