add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
coolcars23

62 months ago

Hello Forum, So after months of thinking i have finally decided to build MY VERY FIRST COMPUTER!!!!!!! i am really nervous because i have never done it before. so this is my build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/C2wfkL i would appreciate it if you guys took your time and went over it because i don't want any complications during the build. also $750 dollars personally for me is a lot for a computer and this will be my computer for next 5-6 years. what is bottleneck? will this computer have bottlenecks? any recommendations to lower the price but still have awesome performance? i mostly play Flight Simulator X and and League but in the future still start games like battlefield. thanks.

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Are you wanting to overclock the CPU? The K version is an unlocked CPU made for overclocking.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

i am thinking about getting into overclocking in the future.

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Then you will want an Z87 or Z97 motherboard as they are made for overclocking. The Z97 is the newer chipset.

Edit- Just noticed you have an older CPU you will want a motherboard chipset that starts with a Z

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

This is an AMD build. It has better RAM DDR3-2133 that is cheaper. It has a much better video card in the R9 290. I added a 1 TB HDD. It has a CPU cooler that will allow you to overclock the CPU. This build will last longer than the one you had listed.

If the upfront cost $804.76 is too much you can down grade the video card to an R9 280x.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor $104.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $28.99 @ Micro Center
Motherboard Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard $69.98 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory $59.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $52.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card $269.98 @ NCIX US
Case NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $31.98 @ OutletPC
Power Supply EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $24.99 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer $12.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) $89.98 @ OutletPC
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $746.76
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-07 19:08 EST-0500
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very much! another great build.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You didn't actually post the link to the partlist, it's not the url, it's the one that's just under where you pick your cpu at the very top of the page.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for letting me know!, i fixed it

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Threw this together, isn't much change but it's a start. I have a feeling you could mix things around and maybe get a better gpu, but as far as I know the one you currently have is pretty solid.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

is this better cpu? i5 4690k

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh god i didn't even notice the cpu, my bad. It is a better cpu, but like the one you have it's overclockable, whilst your motherboard doesn't allow for overclocking (something I should've noticed, sorry). So you should either get a different motherboard that allows overclocking and a cpu cooler to handle it, or get a non overclockable cpu (ones without the k at the end). I would recommend a mobo, but I don't know which ones are considered good or not, really.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks so much!!! if its not much of a trouble can you give me a completed build for max 750? thanks again.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube