add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help wanted with first custom PC build, specifically the GPU and Mobo for nongaming but multiple monitors

dday162372

62 months ago

I'm new to this and learning as I go. So far I've purchased:

Tower - Corsair 230T - $40 HD- Crucial M500 240GB SSD - $80 CPU- I5-4690K - $200

I'm now trying to figure out the GPU and motherboard. I don't do any gaming, or video editing, but I mainly do heavy multitasking and want to have support for 4 monitors, 2 in portrait mode (possibly 6 in the future).

My research (http://www.multiplemonitors.co.uk/blog/what-you-need-to-know-about-multi-monitor-graphics-cards/) indicates that the most cost-effective/functional GPU setup would be a couple passive cooled GPU's like nvidia gt630/geforce g210. Also wondering if I could get away with just one GPU and use the onboard with it to support 4 monitors? I'm currently leaning towards this GPU Deal - http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?p=ZT-630G164&c=fr&pid=9b85acf00be4c499b2b8fdd2bca471925a46f01592efd3c096a3b203db7b12ba&gclid=CjwKEAiAkpCkBRCtstKQo5ia5nESJACsCikRGgQcj8Kaixv3lQB5KRWxj9Jdk_bZz6ocATHm1pf4UhoCYffw_wcB

I don't think I need a z97 mobo for this setup, and don't intend to update the processor for a few years, but again, what the hell do I know. I don't have a top mobo deal yet, but thinking it should be in the $60-$100 range.

Please let me know what you think would be the best GPU setup and Mobo would be.

Comments

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube