add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
TwIxJuNkY33
  • 66 months ago

Help please! I just built my own custom pc, hopefully everything is set up properly. Now, I need to download an operating system onto it. I have a free download of Windows 8.1 because I am a student, I have a 4gb flash drive, and I have a laptop. Please explain in simple terms how to get that free copy of Windows 8.1 on to that flash drive and then into my custom pc. Also, I want to put the operating system on my ssd because that is what I was told to do. I think I need to make my flash drive a bootable one somehow but do not have a clue. I also keep reading mixed instructions on how to do this. Thank you so much.

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 2 points

Download Windows 8.1 as a .iso file from the Windows Store. Also download Microsoft's USB tool. There are alternatives, but theirs is very simple to use.

Once you have installed the USB tool, open it and go through the process of creating the bootable USB drive. It'll involve specifying the .iso location, and also the USB drive which you'd like to use.

Once that has completed, just boot from the USB and install the OS.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Try Rufus software by using the below URL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmtRE9LTCOE

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube