add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
whitecheddar21

62 months ago

I have been debating on whether to build my own computer or just buy one and after talking to a buddy and much thought he told me I could build a way better computer than I could buy for my price range. So we spend some time and came up with a build but I wanted to make sure it looked good. My other question is I currently have a HP that is about 2 years old. Could I steal the hard drive out of it and save myself from buying not only a new hard drive but windows? Anyways here is my build I'm not sure about the mobo. I looked around and read it was a good one just unsure please let me know any comments or concerns any one would have with this. I dont want to have to rebuild in a year or 2 but dont mind continual upgrades for years to come. Thanks for your time.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/whitecheddar21/saved/h4DhP6

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vH3pNG It has a liquid cpu cooler, cheaper case and cheaper ram, you don't need more than 8GB for gaming. At your budget I would just get a new HDD. I saved you $30.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I just kinda like the way that case looked, and since I was getting the overclockable(not sure if that is a real work) cpu i was thinking about getting a cpu cooler but wasnt sure of a good one. As for ram I had a little extra money and figures what the hell. Also what is the different between ddr3 1866 and ddr3 2133. and it says might be a volt issue with ddr3 2133.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You can switch cases if you want it is overclockable but you don't have do it. A good air cooler is a evo 212. Theres really no difference in ram speed when it comes to gaming and don't worry about the voltage issue, it will be fine

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You can pull the drive out but you wont be able to use the windows. The drivers will conflict and cause major problems.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks i figured as much

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube