add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
krizpers

62 months ago

I am trying to bring the price down to about 1200$. Is there anything I could do to help that out or improvements I should make?

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Get a motherboard from microcenter (see the intel motherboard bundles) to save a little and get a good mobo.

You could get a single gtx 980. Less performance but cheaper and room to upgrade later (which would could save more money in the long-run)

Are you getting that RAM for looks? Its kinda expensive.

If you get things when they are on sale, you can save a fair amount as well. But it means ordering parts over a longer period of time. I've been getting parts since about 1 week before black friday and I've just about finished (just need to get a graphics card and get the processor/mobo from microcenter... neither of which will get any notable sales)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube