add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
BKG98

62 months ago

Well this is it, time to buy the components of my very own Gaming PC! Cant wait to build it. This is my list. http://www.amazon.com/gp/cart/view.html/ref=nav_cart

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/BKG98/saved/KKBxFT

So lucky i can get everything from one vendor, amazon. Plus i can try that amazon prime free trial so only two days of waiting.

P.S. anything i should change?

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

A 750ti or R265 are the minimum for decent 1080p gaming.

Need to up your GPU to at least one of those.

Edit: Like Blasted said. you still need RAM. 1600, 1.5v, CAS 9.

Suggestion would be to drop CPU Cooler and use the one that comes with the CPU. Drop the SSD and use the $ for RAM and an upgraded GPU. CPU cooler and SSD can be added later.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Agreed. Don't bother with the 740. Especially when you can get a GTX 760 for $169.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-video-card-n7602gd5oc

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry I forgot to say that I already have a 1TB HDD, an optical drive, 8GB Ram, and an operating system.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

BTW im only gonna be playing games like LOL, Minecraft, and modded minecraft.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

This is so much better. I'd also recommend adding an SSD. Pretty much always worth it. Best value on Amazon right now its the PNY Optima 240GB for $89.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/pny-internal-hard-drive-ssd7sc240goptrb

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

This is fine but with a 700+ budget you don't need to downgrade to an AMD. AMD is on their way out and have no room for upgradability. Should stick with the i5 it will last him for years before real need for upgrade.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $182.95 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H97-GAMING 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $97.99 @ Amazon
Memory Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $59.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $53.59 @ Directron
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card $174.99 @ Newegg
Case Enermax ECA3280A-BR ATX Mid Tower Case $72.99 @ Directron
Power Supply OCZ Fatal1ty 550W 80+ Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $39.99 @ Newegg
Wireless Network Adapter Rosewill RNX-N150PCe 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter $11.15 @ Amazon
Case Fan Cooler Master Megaflow 110.0 CFM 200mm Fan $10.96 @ OutletPC
Keyboard Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse $27.95 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $732.55
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-08 23:55 EST-0500

In this build you keep your i5 but dropped the CPU cooler because the stock one will do fine. Took out your SSD and gave you a HDD because 120gb is not enough for anything. Gave you a better GPU that will let you run newest games fine. Gave you a semi modular 550w PSU because you're gonna need more watts than 450. Took out the case fans because you don't really need but if you really want them can go ahead and put em back in.

[comment deleted]
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

He said he CAN get everything from one vendor. It doesn't say our suggestions have to be from amazon. And technically you can get everything on my part list from amazon. And to OP newegg has a free trial similar to amazon called newegg premier so you should consider using that so you can buy from newegg as well.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube