add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Dserpe92

62 months ago

Pretty new at this so any input is much appreciated, price point is between 750-850 can go a little over and under. I don't plan on overclocking right away as I'm still learning and would like to get a basic understanding before I do that right out of the box. I went with the I5 due to lots of comments and other such reviews saying its better at this point and in the distant future it seems versus AMD for CPUs. As far as CPU cooler figure I add that, might not need it if I'm not planning on overclocking right away like I said but if I do at least I wont have to make an additional purchase, same with the PSU seems to be the best bang for your buck 69 dollars for 750 PSU with a 3 year warranty guess went with that considering if I ever do upgrade at least I wont have to upgrade that and with a 3 year warranty pretty safe purchase. All other parts are cheapest best bang for your buck like I said at the start any input is much appreciated. Thanks again

PS: Would like to run games at 60+ FPS/ games on ultra setting with no problems thanks!!

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Dserpe92/saved/hp9ypg

CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core $228.55
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing $31.88
Motherboard Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 $119.99
Memory G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 $54.99
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM $51.49
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation $204.99
Case Thermaltake Commander G41 ATX Mid Tower $61.17
Power Supply Corsair 750W ATX12V $69.99

Total Price after rebates and other such promotions:823.05

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

This is a great build in your price range. You might not get 60+ FPS on ultra settings with that GPU though on more graphically intense games. It depends on the game. Maybe on high settings. This article reviews the exact GPU you have listed and gives gaming FPS results: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7400/the-radeon-r9-280x-review-feat-asus-xfx/6

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube