add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2015-20xx Build Any comments will be replied too!

DavidtheHeron

62 months ago

Hi all! This is my planned build for 2015 onward, depending if the spenoli is in my wallet. For this build I was going with a Major Major upgrade from my current one, with some parts from that aswell (HDD's). I will be doing some content creation (Autocad, Rendering and such) which explains my choice for the X99 platform, this will be a open loop system with an external Rad in mind too.

If the 390x comes out around the time I get to collect parts then I will go with one of those and wait until a great waterblock comes out for it (I could use universal which I am open too)

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/DavidtheHeron/saved/GX7G3C

This is the build here

My Current build is (Very Briefly) I5 3570k 3.75GHz GTX 680 DCUII (triple slot, temps on this are extremely good) 8GB Kingston bog standard RAM (Clocked to 16000MHz) Asus P8z77-V 2 1TB Hdd's 1 60GB (YES 60GB) Kingston SSD (It was The new era of SSDs)

Any help with trying to keep the cost down, watercooling, and wheter or not i should invest into the 5930K instead I will consider and get back to you guys ASAP (Exams mid week)

Thanks All!

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think I'll really be able to help, but for others that look, what's your maximum budget? Lower with the same performance is better, of course, but it's good to know if you can afford something else.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Max budget is $3250-$3500 only hit max if it means a major performance boost in things.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube