add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Logger1235

62 months ago

This is my build. I am getting it after Christmas time when I have enough money.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Logger1235/saved/7QDhP6

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You really don't need such a high wattage power supply unless you're going to sli in future. If you're going to overclock you should probably get a cpu cooler and z97 motherboard. I belive there's ram that's cheaper but the same specs (g.skill ares I believe, I'll look it up in a minute). You also might want to look into getting an ssd for your os and applications that would benefit from it.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you believe the z87 would be fine if I didn't overclock, or are you suggesting I upgrade to z97 anyways?

I changed it to lower price G.Skill RAM and a 650W instead.

Might make my CPU just a 4590 in case I can't make as much money as I predict. I probably won't overclock so it does not matter really.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're not going for overclocking, you can go for a h97 instead, the only reason I suggest going for the z/h97 is that the 87 mobo would need an update before it worked properly with the cpu, and it might not work at all until then, meaning you'd need to get an older cpu so you could update it first then switch it out with the newer one. Don't know how good a bang for your buck that cpu is, but I do know that you have no reason to go for one with a k at the end, since those are the overclockable ones. I think you can get a non overclockable 4690 if you wanted to go for that still.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube