add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Do I need a case fan with this?

BJSerpas

78 months ago

I was just wondering if it was necessary for me to get an extra case fan on this build. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/18GzY

I'd imagine the 780 is going to get pretty hot, especially since I'm probably going to end up clocking it, but I wasn't sure if the case fan that came with the case I chose would be enough. If I do need one, I'm not a "quiet or die" freak, but it would still be nice to get something that's moderately silent. That being said, I was giving this one a look, but I'm not sure how good it would be since it is very cheap.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/arctic-cooling-case-fan-afaco12000gba01

Don't know about static pressure and all that when it comes to the case itself and keeping it cool, so advice here would be very helpful. Thanks!

Comments

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Well to make it simple yes you need an extra fan. But I don't understand why you're putting a crap CM 30$ case into a $2k extreme high end build, it's not good enough for it. Your build deserves better lol.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Considering my budget ($2,100) and how much money went into the other parts, I really can't spend a high amount of money on just a case. Still, what did you have in mind? I'll have to see if I can make it work.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd switch to the fractal design r4 it's a great case for 100$.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

I know of a family owned business in Houston, Texas. BestComputerUSA. I remember them being opened for like 5 years now at least. I just bought a good 80mm squared fan from them. If you are looking for performance, their RPM is 3000 for even the $8 case fan. It is not the quietest, however, I prefer to keep my high end rigs from burning out.

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi there why have you chosen a H87 motherboard and an K chip, also speakers who uses speakers, good call on the add on sound card. could you let us know what you will be using your computer for ? if it is mainly for gaming then an i5 would be better valueand with the savings maybe better motherboard and better fans. just let us know ..

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, I've actually changed quite a bit from that list, take a look:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/BJSerpas/saved/1ONR

Different motherboard on this one.

While I won't need the extra processing power for standard gaming, I'll need it for high-end emulation of Wii games in HD, specifically Xenoblade. Took off the sound card, no point in it really. The motherboard's onboard sound is good enough for me.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube