add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
dano400
  • 82 months ago

My first build. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/dano400/saved/#savedbuild_420691 Is everything compatible? Is the power supply enough? Is the case big enough? Any other advice. I tried keeping the build at about $1000 (My cousin works at intel and got the processor, SSD, and motherboard for $440). Any advice would be great.

Comments

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

The PSU is good enough, but you'd be better served by the Corsair CX600M or Antec HCG620. Both of these are modular, which makes cable management easier.

Shave off a few dollars by getting this Sapphire 7950 instead of the PowerColor - same clocks, same VRAM, same bundle, better cooler, less expensive.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

He can run that set up on a 400-500w psu.

Corsair CX430M Modular PSU

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Sure he can. It's not particularly advisable, I think - I'd recommend a minimum of ~550W, and most of the models I'd choose from around that range were the same price as the Antec I linked.

That said, the CX430M isn't capable of powering his system at max load (especially with overclocking considered) - it's only capable of 384W on the 12V rail.

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Sure he can, avg game load will probably be around. 250-350. The main 12v rail powers the cpu and Gpu. The 7950 draws about 170w and the overclock i5 draws about 80-100w. Plenty of room to spare. Remember, the calculator on this site accounts for benchmark load and high overclocks. He can get a 500w if he doesn't feel safe, but I guarantee a 400/450w psu can power it.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube