add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

No feedback whatsoever while attempting first boot

Fennex

55 months ago

I tested a Z97-G45 motherboard with a Xeon E3-1231v3 CPU, an eVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 970, and 8 GB of Ripjaws DDR3-1600 RAM plugged into a Corsair CX750M PSU. I made sure to plug the monitor into the video card, and no response. No fans, nothing. The PSU passed the paperclip test. After plugginh everything in, it got no feedback. What's wrong?

Comments

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Is there an LED on the motherboard that indicates that the motherboard is receiving power, or is that not with this motherboard?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Unfortunately not.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd start with looking for what sassas1 suggested, if the light is on, make sure your power button isn't connected to the motherboard backwards (I did that in my build). Then from there, try clearing the CMOS....

If none of those work, I have more suggestions, but try those first.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

The power button pins are non-directional, as is (in every case I've seen) the switch (a simple momentary switch). The LEDs are all directional, though.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

Its not for my case xD

(Rosewiil Ranger-M)

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

The motherboard is not in the case. This is purely a boot test to make sure all of the parts work. There is no LED. The CPU fans don't turn, and neither does the PSU fan, so I doubt it's getting power. Tested the PSU, and it works fine for the paperclip test.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

That series PSU won't run it's fan unless needed (I have the CX500M)

Could you possibly post a picture of what your hooked up system is looking like, so I can see if there is anything noticeably wrong?

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm afraid not. I am at school, on the crappy school computers right now. I can describe how it looks, though.

• 55 months ago
  • 1 point

if you did the paperclip test and you have power, the fan may not be coming on because you don't have enough load. you need to add some fans and HDD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co2RizQ8U2k

do you have a Multimeter? even a cheap $5 one from harbor freight?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube