add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First build, what do you think?

gforcesimms

62 months ago

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

It is rather nice. You may want the devils canyon though.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Would get 2x 4gb RAM instead of 1x 8gb RAM, it costs the same price, some might even be cheaper than the one you chose and is slightly faster. Would get a case with USB 3.0 since your mobo supports it. Also the PSU is overkill even if you overclock, would recommend this http://pcpartpicker.com/part/ocz-power-supply-oczzt650w cheaper tier 2 fully modular, 650w still overkill but the 550w version is the same exact price

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your help. I'm new to this so I need it.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Also is there a particular reason you want an i7? An i5 is all you need for gaming if you look at benchmarks they perform the same in games and you save money.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I just want this to last awhile.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

By the time you have to replace an i5 4690k, w.e CPU is out that you need to replace it with is gonna be insane and you'll probably want to get that CPU anyway.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

That makes sense. Thanks for helping.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube