add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need some opinions. $485 USD gaming pc WITH deals.

Slayandnight

62 months ago

I basically want to know if this is a good PC for the budget, and if i can make any small improvements while staying under $500 USD. I'm going to be playing games like BF4, insurgency, and just random crap on steam. I want to know if this build can do BF4 on ultra WITH around 40-50 FPS. I also want to know if I should worry about whether or not my CPU can keep up with my GPU, and If the RAM that I'm getting will keep up with both the CPU and GPU.

Link: pcpartpicker

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Your build is higher than $500 and tbh you don't wanna run bf4 on ultra while playing.

But your build should be able to run bf4 ok, idk if it can run it on ultra smoothly

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks man, Idk if you saw the wrong build, but I accidentally posted someone elses XD, just to make sure:(http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Slayandnight/saved/7t7ypg) Also, I know the base price is $593, but with the mail in rebates and stuff, its around 485.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I personally think this is a better build and the base price is lower

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor $88.99 @ NCIX US
Motherboard Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard $44.99 @ Micro Center
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $35.98 @ OutletPC
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $35.98 @ OutletPC
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $51.85 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card $159.99 @ Newegg
Case Logisys CS369BK ATX Mid Tower Case w/480W Power Supply $39.86 @ NCIX US
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $457.64
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-10 17:39 EST-0500
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks man, have you tested this build? Is the power supply that comes with the case reliable?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

No and power supply with case is a gamble i bought the Rosewill R519-bk with 500w psu and that worked fine cable management wasn't good however

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

This build looks pretty badass btw, so thanks

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I changed the case, power supply and graphics card, took out a stick of ram, and its around $490 and I'm confident it will do exactly what I want it to and then some, thanks for your help, I would have been ****** with out it honestly.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope, most likely not Ultra. Maybe high settings on 1080p at smooth framerates, but even that's hard to say. a 270X is good though.

Hyper 212 EVO is good. Get it.

Your case is ATX, your motherboard is MicroATX. You might want to make your motherboard big or smallify your case.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I decided to switch to this build:pcpartpicker

Thoughts?

Also, I'm going to do a little research on the Hyper 212 EVO, thanks for the suggestion.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Swap out that 270 for a 280 or 760 and you'll get your 1080p ultra settings with a smooth 40-50FPS.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvn760wf2oc2gd

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-gtx760dc2oc2gd5

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

I see no problem with the r9 270 running bf4 smoothly considering it's an AMD card

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

It is a fine card but it's not a ultra 1080p GPU.

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

It can handle 1080p high-ultra quite fine i had a 7770 and could run 1080p

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks man

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube