add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My first build. Looking for opinions :D

Sharpy

62 months ago

Mostly used for gaming and can it last for a few years without any problems? Is there anyway i can cut down on expenses as it is a little over my budget.

Here is my build. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sharpy/saved/rt3323

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you please check the URL? Thanks.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

my bad. updated.

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Are you OCing? This build is excellent. However you should keep your eyes open for the Samsung 850 Evo. It's coming out soon, but its worth the wait. Even more affordable and faster. Very nice build!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not sure about OCing. I am still a noob at this stuffs. Whats your recommendation? Hmm i will consider waiting. Thanks a lot for the feedback! :D

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You could save money by getting rid of the CPU cooler (unless you need) and using the CPU without the K, just the 4690.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Still a little over budget sadly. But will try to get the money somehow. Much appreciated for the help! :D

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You could get a MSI Gaming 5 or Gigabyte Gaming 7 mobo for a bit cheaper (microcenter mobo+processor bundles). Both considered tier 1b like the Extreme 6 you selected. Not sure on the specific differences. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2383187/motherboard-tier-list-z97-chipset.html

Depends what you mean last? If you want to do 4K gaming at max settings at 60+FPS then its already not good enough. Also, if you plan to SLI gtx 970s later on, then you probably want to get a 750W+ PSU. It will cost more now, but save money down the road assuming you SLI. I got a Supernova G2 850W (tier 1 PSU) for $90 the other day (on sale, after MIR) so if you wait for the sales you can get a good 750W/850W PSU for not much more than the one you selected.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Great shall get either both of them as my mobo. For lasting what i meant is as long i am able to run future games smoothly will be good enough. Do not need to run it a max settings. If i wanted to do 4K gaming at max settings at 60+FPS in future i should upgrade to a 750W+ PSU and a SLl gtx 970 later on?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube