add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

DIY build saves $1200 over professional build

kimosabe

62 months ago

Just to check if I was wasting my time, I spec'd out a similar PC on Origin to see what it would cost me. Granted it's not 100% exactly the since they use their own cases, and they give you a free T-shirt WooHOO!, and they do some special optimizations/customizations/overclocking that they charge you for. Exact same Asus CPU/Mobo, similar size/speed memory, similar GTX980 (but mine is better already superclocked version). Theirs has a liquid cooler but I could have added the corsair h105 liquid cooler for just $50 more, I just prefer the cpu cooler I picked for now.

Origin build: $3857 if they charge tax, $4195, more if they charge shipping.

DIY build: $2835 total (incl tax, S&H) ...and this includes sleeved cables kit for my PSU and pretty things for the case.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kimosabe/saved/dh3323

Does PCpartpicker have T-shirts?

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 3 points

From my knowledge PCPartpicker does not sell T-shirts. But as for the computer, if the specs are the same, the money you save is ridiculous. I would definitely go for the DIY. As for the slave cables. This website offers much better sleeve cables for about the same price too. You should check them out. They do custom orders too.

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

LMAO!!...I really wrote slave cables...Yeah man you should definitely go and get them slaves...I am a horrible human being T_T.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for web tip. I just got the EVGA brand sleeved cables kit they make for the G2 PSU line. it was cheapest at $89, comes in 4 colors and I needed white.

I'll check out the site but I'm not sure they can beat $89 for complete set of all the psu cables.

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

in the pcpartpicker youtube videos they are wearing ppp t-shirts. why don't they sell some lol.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube