add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will my cooler and video card fit with my case?

Duelshock13

60 months ago

This is my first build and first time using this site, so I'm not really sure how accurate the compatibility filter is when putting together your part list. Recently I changed my case to the Rosewill Galaxy-02 mid tower, which looks really nice for the price. I plan on getting a Phanteks cooler and the Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 video card, but in my parts list I get a message saying that it is unable to verify that the case is compatible with the cooler and the video card, even though they show up in the compatibility filter. I've heard that the Gigabyte G1 is quite bigger than other 970s, so it makes me a little nervous. So is this case fine or should I try to find a bigger mid-tower or just go for a full-tower?

Parts list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Duelshock13/saved/GwLbt6

Thanks.

Comments

• 60 months ago
  • 2 points

that cooler has a height of 171mm with dual fans and the cpu clearance in that case is just 160mm so the cooler won't fit. The max size for gpu is 11 inches and that card is 12.28 inches so it won't fit either. There are many midtower cases that should work...it will depend how much are you willing to spend on a case.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

alright thanks. Out of curiosity where did you find those specific clearance specs ? I can't seem to find any of those dimensions other than the pre-installed fan sizes.

Also would the Cooler Master HAF 912 or Fractal Design FD-CA-CORE-3300-BL work? They say without the drive cages it should have enough room to fit the GPU, and all I need is 1 cage.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube