add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT Hale82 v2 550w - Compatibility issues with the MSI 970 Gaming 4G video card?

worthers20
  • 64 months ago

Hello, I'm getting the MSI 970 which needs a 6 pin + an 8 pin PSU connection.

I have the NZXT Hale82 v2 550w PSU and I'm not sure if it has the correct pin setup needed for this video card.

Are these two compatible? I know the 970 comes with a 6-pin PCIe to 8-pin PCIe adapter, but I only see 1 PCI-e for my PSU.

This is my first build, so I'm not familiar with the power set up. It looks like the PSU comes with the following cables:

1.MB main connector 20+4 pins with voltage sensing connector 3 pins (550W x 1)

2.CPU 4+4 pins connector (550W x 1)

3.PCI-e 6+2 pins connector (550W x 1)

4.SATA 15 pins connector set (550W x 2)

5.Peripheral 4 pins connector with foppy 4 pins connector set (550W x 1)

PSU manual: http://www.nzxt.com/uploads/downloads/manuals/manual_hale82_v2.pdf

Thank you!

Comments

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point
  • As it is currently, your power supply lists only a single PCI-e 6+2 pins connector, so not compatible.
  • With that said, check to see if your video card includes peripheral/molex to PCI-E adapter(s) to accommodate.
  • 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks Warlock. It actually turned out to work fine. That PCI-e connector has 2 (6+2) pin connectors at the end. So, one 6+2 went into the 8 pin slot and the other 6+2 (without using the +2) went into the 6 pin slot. Thanks for the reply, though!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube