add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
mrmaximus

62 months ago

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/FD3pNG Hey guys, planning my first build, so ive got a few questions...: Is the cooler enough or will it melt without water cooler? not really planning on overclocking as im not sure how to, but i could always learn to if the results are significantly better? I was also wondering the order i should buy the parts too as i was just going to buy them when i had the money? Was thinking to get the case, mobo, cpu and psu first and using the stock cooler as at this point i would just be browsing the web and watching vids like i am atm (more of a console gamer atm), i was also going to use the hdd im using atm and then getting the gpu, cpu cooler, ram, disk drive, and ssd/hdd at points during next year and use the pc to play games. I am also considering getting some of the parts from ebay to get the price slightly lower, trying to keep to overstocked parts as opposed to second hand parts. Any help/advise is much appreciated! :)

This is the pc ive been using for about 3/4 years now http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/desktop-pc/3209072/packard-bell-x5620uk-review/ with a msi nvidia Geforce gt 520 gpu

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

if your not overclocking theres no need for an aftermarket cooler, if you are overclocking that cpu cooler will be fine theres no need for water colling

that cpu is overkill for what your doing fx 6300 is a great price per performance cpu and would allow you to get a better gpu which is always a good thing

for that price a r7 260x or if you can afford it an r9 270x would be better then the gtx 750

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

cheers for the reply! I'll check out the fx6300 and the gpus now

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Selected aftermarket is fine. Due to lower noise level, your ears will thank-you. Just be sure to play close attention to installation process.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube