add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Building a PC for WoW - Will This Work for 60+ FPS on Ultra?

uhhveedee7

62 months ago

Hello all,

The title says it all. WoW is the only PC game I play, so I am basing my build around that. Would the build below allow me to consistently get 60+ FPS, at a stable temperature/power usage, even during graphic-intensive situations?

I've tried to do my due diligence but am completely new to building a PC myself (pretty limited knowledge about hardware prior to my research). Anyways, thank you in advance for any help!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KHQrWZ

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 3 points

You will get better performance if you run two sticks of 4gb ram over 1 8gb ram on a dual channel supported motherboard such as the one you have in your build.. It not a huge gain in performance somewhere around 5%-7%

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very much for the speedy reply. I did not know that... Does everything else look okay?

• 62 months ago
  • 3 points

If you can afford a Western Digital HDD I would switch to that. Crucial is a pretty solid SSD, capstone power supply is a solid choice for a build you arent going to overclock. You wont need a Z97 motherboard for a locked CPU. They are used with the unlocked CPUs to overclock. You want the H97 line of motherboards for a locked intel CPU.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks so much for the feedback. I'll look into the HDD. Will I be able to upgrade in the future with the H97 motherboard you posted below?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Something I just noticed on the specifications page is the H97 motherboards seem to be limited to memory types DDR3-1066 / 1333 / 1600. That might cause a problem in the future if a bios update cant change that.

You should ask around to see what that is about.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Will do and thank you again! If I did end up keeping the Z97 motherboard, it wouldn't really have a detrimental effect would it? It would just not be necessary because the CPU isn't overclockable, but it would allow for upgrades down the line, correct?

• 62 months ago
  • 3 points

I checked on the RAM thing and that is the way all motherboards are for locked CPUs so its not a problem. With the H97 or Z97 you will be able to upgrade to better CPUs in the I5 or I7 line.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You are AMAZING. Thank you! So the H97 would just need to be updated before upgrading the CPU/RAM?

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

That's a non-overclockable CPU, so an H97 motherboard would do just fine.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube