add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Filtered part list view from a specific part page (aka "More like this")

BoyScout

83 months ago

Would it be possible from a specific video card's page to have a "More like this" link up near "View All Video Cards"? It could take the basic specs of the card being viewed and link to a generically appropriate list of similar cards (whatever subset of filters you might consider applicable already being applied, similar to how the benchmark results offer a link for a particular class of video cards, etc).

Alternatively, it could be even more complex and try to show you cards of similar price/performance rather than just basic filtering, especially if there aren't many results without expanding the search criteria.

I'm not sure how applicable such a link would be for every part type, but I can envision it being a useful shortcut (starting point) over going to the full part list and scrolling down to manually check the applicable filters.

Comments

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

I like it! I'll see what I can do. If it's easy to implement, I should be able to get it in sooner rather than later.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

So that was a great idea... Any ideas how it's coming up? I really, really love this idea. And looking forward to seeing it on the website.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube