add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
JackersM8

62 months ago

You can find my build here: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2f7t4D

I would like to know your opinions on my build, so please tell me if it's good or bad and why, what can be improved, what can be made cheaper with little to no performance decrease. My aim was to build a computer without having to purchase many, if any at all upgrades for a long time. There is also a possibility of me getting a 2nd monitor.

I also have a couple of questions regarding the build that I am the most worried about. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to building computers and things like that, so please keep that in mind.

• Will all the temperatures be good? (I live in Melbourne, Australia. Don't know if that makes a difference)

• Will everything fit in the case fine?

Those are the only two questions that come to mind at the moment. If there are any more that I can think of I'll be sure to ask.

Thanks in advance. :)

E: This is a build for gaming, of course among other things such as school work, etc.

EE: Where I live during the Summer it can often get up to 30-40C outside. Although I have cooling it probably is still 20C+ in my room. I have a couple more questions:

*The CPU Cooler I currently have chosen may not fit inside the case. What would people suggest as an alternative?

*I may over-clock parts of the computer. Would everything be okay to over-clock or would things get too hot, etc.? -If so, what would I need to change for it to be possible?

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Everything will fit, though I can't guarantee the Hyper 212 EVO will. (It's a big cooler so...)

Temeperatures should be fine. As long as your ambient temperature is around 15-25 Celsius, it shouldn't be the end of the world.

I have a very good BenQ RL2455HM monitor. Not sure if it is in Australia, but check. IT has 1080p, and 1ms response time.

Get the 970, not the 770. THe 970 has very good performance and can game quite a bit.

Also, what are you using it for?

Hope this helps! :)

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the speedy reply!

If the Hyper 212 EVO didn't fit in the case, would you suggest changing the cooler or the case? Which cooler/case would you suggest?

The 970 is a fair bit more expensive than the 770, so that concerns me. There is also about 15 different kinds of 970s, so which one would you suggest? I'd prefer it to be quiet but still have good performance.

I edited the OP and I'm pretty sure you knew, but I made this for gaming.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Where I live during the Summer it can often get up to 30-40C outside. Although I have cooling it probably is still 20C+ in my room. I have a couple more questions:

*The CPU Cooler I currently have chosen may not fit inside the case. What would people suggest as an alternative?

*I may over-clock parts of the computer. Would everything be okay to over-clock or would things get too hot, etc.? -If so, what would I need to change for it to be possible?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube