add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

A Gaming + Editing PC

IG007PL

62 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tGqCt6

I ried to have a good GPU for gaming and a good CPU for video editing as I am going to be doing a lot of both. The games I play are: CS:GO, Titanfall, BF, TF2 just to name a few. For editing I am using Sony Vegas and some Adobe so that's why the Nvidia 970 is present here. I was thinking to get more storage but compromise the CPU to an AMD FX-8350, but I think it's not worth it.

Tell me what you think and feel free to change anything. Thanks

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good for what you are doing with it. I would agree that your compromise for a different CPU isn't worth it. Small $26 upgrade

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i74770k

Also... The Caviar Green hard drives aren't used for what you are using it for. I would get a seagate Barracuda or a Caviar Blue.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Why should I get the 4770k over the 4790k ? And I am planning to use the Caviar greens as mass storage, so when you said I should get a different one beacause it's not used for what I was going to use it for, what did you thought I was gonna use it for ?

And thanks for all the help!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The caviar green drives produce less noise and consume less power. But they have not quite as good performance.

I made a mistake in my CPU upgrade choice. Although the 4770K uses less power it starts at a lower clock speed. Stick with yours :D

Looks good

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube