add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My First Gaming Pc Build. Any Opinions?

SandyGoat78

62 months ago

I'm really looking forward to buy and build my very first gaming pc however can you give some suggestions or opinions on the build. I would like to play games such as BF4 or Far cry 4 on full settings. Is this build enough to play these games? Cheers.

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/SandyGoat78/saved/rFZG3C

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

If your focus is gaming then you can actually step the processor down to an I5-4670k since the I7 shows only the slightest improvement. Also you only really need 8gb of memory, 2x4gb gives you scalability in future and is more than enough for gaming.

The only exception to the above is if you plan to do a lot of video rendering, multiboxing or things of that nature.

With the money you save you could throw in an SSD and some other fun stuff.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube