add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

AM3+ Motherboard for AMD FX-8320

Darkemaste
  • 64 months ago

What would be the best options for someone mainly interested in gaming/streaming and would like the option of upgrading/overclocking later on?

Comments

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Agreed, use the 990FX chipset for future options.

I'm planning a build with the 8320, and I've got the ASRock 990FX Killer, a good board that's very gamer-oriented. The ASRock 990FX Extreme series is also good, but more expensive than the killer, for possibly not much more advantage. Asus has several good options. The 990FX Killer also has the M.2 slot for faster-than-SATA SSD storage, if that's useful to you.

• 64 months ago
  • 1 point

Mmmk I was originally considering getting~

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-ga990fxaud3

But that was before when it was $26 (sold out most places now) less than this board~

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-m5a99fxpror20

And now the Asus is actually $10 less than the Gigabyte right when I was about to order it... Am I crazy, or might I be better off just going with the Asus instead of the Gigabite with the recent change in cost? :o

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube