add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need Some Help Reworking List

davis.justin

62 months ago

Long story short I had some help from a friend with this build list (~3 days ago) and is was around $700 and today it's peaking close to $900, I was hoping someone could help me move around some costs to get the price back down. The only thing that I want to keep on the current list is the Zowie FK1 and if possible the gtx970. This build won't be used for anything extreme games like Runescape, CS:GO and maybe some Arma.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9T2TW

Thank you for your help, Justin

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Get the i5-4690K, I think it's quite good with it's price an' stuff.

If you can't get that, then get the AMD FX-6300, which is a good $100 with six cores.

Also, you don't need thermal paste unless you are buying an aftermarket heatsink, which is something I reccommend you do. The Hyper 212 EVO is a good choice. (I can't guarantee it will fit in there, check the specifications of the case)

Hope this helps!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The 4690k is out of my budget as of the moment but I'll definitely look into it for a future upgrade if I don't go the i7 route by then, also thanks for the tip about the paste!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Any help would be appreciated TTT

[comment deleted]
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you! That brought down the price to a perfect amount, how's the performance on the R9?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube